Monday, August 10, 2009

CRAP....IT HAPPENED!!


Not that I didn't see it coming, when I was reading a book,doing computer work or texting (especially texting-my posterity would make fun of me, I am slow and I can't see texting, I basically text like a dork) So today at my eye appointment, I got hit with the news that basically says I AM OLD!! Hello bi-focals or the politically correct term "progressive lenses" (not that it makes me feel better). They tried cheering me up by saying that most people get them between the age of 40 and 45 and I am on the eve of 45.....WOO HOO, Thanks a lot, so encouraging! So, I will be seeing clearly now. I can buy a darling pair of reading glasses @ Anthropologie for when I am wearing my contacts. Maybe I will get a nerdy chain to put on them so I don't lose them-isn't that what "the elderly" do? I am going to the movie now and drown my sorrow in Diet Coke, heck, I might even splurge on something chocolate...that will help! And... I won't need my stinking "progressive lenses" to see the screen!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! At least now you won't look like a dork texting! And you have super cute new frames for them! What movie are you going to see?

Shoecrazy Sue said...

Janna--you are right! I will have darling frames thanks to our shopping trip in the city, but sadly, I think I will still look like a dork texting because I am really bad at it!
Go see 500 Days of Summer LOVED IT!!

Chris said...

Hahhhaaaaa I LOVE this pic of you!!! I believe it's the "real" you~~and I love it! The extreme craziness is really showing now, girl.
Oh sorry about the bifocals. Crud. I don't like them either. There are some pretty cute reading glasses out there and I have full faith that you will find them. I'm counting on you~

Jo-Mamma said...

Glasses or no glasses....when you've got teenagers. . . you are a dork! Thanks for the warning of what I'm up against in a few years! As if I don't spend enough on prescription for glasses and contacts each year already with the three of us!