VACATION!! Going to Tahoe for a week of cool, relaxing, gorgeous fun.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
I am so grateful that a loving Heavenly Father gave us a commandment to rest on the Sabbath. This week has been crazy between hectic parents schedules, tennis camp, scout camp (which I was den leader at) Youth Conference, Tae kwan Do, a visit from my brother, play dates and routine obligations that are just part of living--I am exhausted. I love that on Sunday's we get a chance to be spiritually refreshed from a crazy world. It is rejuvenating to put the everyday things of the world to rest for a day and focus on spiritual matters. The older I get, the more I think that the "Sabbath is a delight"
Saturday, June 21, 2008
I am not a big fan of McDonald's unless I really need to pee (it's the most convenient on road trips plus their bathrooms are usually kept clean) or if I am craving good hot fries and a Diet Coke-which I believe they balance each other right? However, I have patronized Mickey D's 3 times this past week because of this great salad. It is the Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad. It has just the right amount of spice to give it a kick. It's refreshing and filling and only 320 calories if you use all of the dressing-(I like to use about 1/2 of the dressing) TRY IT, YOU'LL LIKE IT!!
Trust me on this one, plus your children will be thrilled with your new interest in McDonald's.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Because of the out of control gas prices (my bug, which is diesel and gets 48 mpg is costing me $5.25/gallon) I don't want to think what it costs us each time we fill up the suburban! So we are trying to do more with this:
This is the "Townie" made by Electra bikes-we love these bikes. They come in groovy colors, are amazingly comfortable and look very cool. Give this a click to see how funky they are , who wouldn't want a bike with a leopard print seat? So we are planning on putting them to good use doing some fun things close to home. A few things on the agenda are: tennis camp, gymnastics camp, soccer camp, yoga, pottery class and a whole lot of swimming. My 2 oldest are going to EFY, Lissi is going to girl's camp (Braden would like to go with her!) We won't make them ride their bikes there.
Monday, June 9, 2008
Today we have been celebrating Chandlers 8th Birthday! As you can see from the slide show, we went to rocknasium. You will not see myself on the wall because I really did not want to humiliate myself. A fun time was had by all! Here are 8 things that you may or may not know about Chandler:
- He spent the first 5 years of his life in some type of costume (Anakin, Spiderman, Hulk, Storm Trooper, Superman, Knight--Just to name a few) He would even put costumes under his clothes before he went to pre-school for the day!
- He has become a fluent reader in english and spanish.
- He is completely amused by the "gas we pass" (believe me, in this family that is a lot of amusement!)
- He is extremely creative and loves anything to do with art.
- He loves to laugh and smile!
- He is a fantastic cleaner when he wants to be and often gets us all organized.
- His greatest joy in life comes from anything Lego (he can build everything with them).
- His favorite part of the day is breakfast. It is not uncommon for him to have a bowl of oatmeal, a glass of juice, a piece or two of toast, cereal and an egg before he leaves for school. It is no wonder that his lunch box is still untouched when he comes home.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
These are my children-- in their so called "normal" state (or I guess as normal as we get!)
These are my children the last 2 weeks of school!!! We are all ready for it to be done! There is way too much going on towards the end, and no one is interested in one last great effort to get through it!