Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Just wondering

Since the parade on Saturday I have been just a little bugged. As the color guard approached us, we stood up and saluted the flag as it went by. WE WERE THE ONLY ONES ON THE ENTIRE BLOCK!!! I found it annoying that no one else would stand up and show respect for the flag. I was always taught that it is proper flag etiquette. Maybe it is just a " small town Utah or Nevada" thing. Please tell me that patriotism and respecting our flag isn't a thing of the past. I am sure the uniformed men carrying the flag must have been a little disgusted themselves. The more I think about it the more torqued it get. What do you think?

6 comments:

jessica said...

I agree - most Americans have no idea what they really have and not showing respect to the flag is just the beginning of their ingratitude. I'd be upset too!

Pao said...

I totally agree, I have not been born in this country but I feel really sad that people are not respectful.But you know what I have not mention this with my own children I think I should teach them about the importance of our flag (american).

Chris said...

I agree! I feel so fortunate to live in this country. Showing respect to the flag is a very minimal thing. Great job "Mom"~

Baglady said...

I would be (and am) just as irritated as you. People think it's their "right" to display this behavior. It's terrible that they are so caught up in themselves that they can't pay respect to the very thing that gave them the opportunity to have any rights at all!!! Shame on them!!

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe that there are people in this country that have been born and raised here and don't know that when the flag of the United States of America goes by in a parade or being presented by another honor guard that you show respect for your freedom in this country by saluting it.
My hat's off to your family.
Grandma Susan

Anonymous said...

Yes---people that can't respect our flag should be shipped over to Africa, Iraq or outer Mongolia and let them experience living in a country where they don't have any rights. I doubt that any of them know or give a hoot to know what this country has gone thru for the freedoms we have. So kisa study your history well! Congrats to Parker on your black belt---boy I won't mess with you no more! Love shenlyn