Sunday, April 13, 2008

Recipe for a fun weekend


  1. Take one supportive husband who picks up all of the slack on the home front
  2. Add one daughter with amazing friends that kidnap her and throw her a surprise party
  3. Escape Fri. afternoon to Sonoma to pick up Amy, my BFF for 38 years (not that were that old or even close!)
  4. Do a lot of shopping, laughing, talking , reminiscing, and eating (we only see each other once in a blue moon so we have to fit a lot in)
  5. Spend a day in the city doing more of item # 4
  6. Try to figure out a way to make it last longer!!

Amy is one of those friends that no matter how long it has been, we can just pick right up where we last left off like we've never been apart. Hannah was amazed and how much we are alike. Amy is my alter ego: professional business gal with a wardrobe that would make anyone envious. She always looks fabulous, is always fun and always there for me. Thanks Amy for the great times that we share. How about Dallas in the fall?

3 comments:

Chris said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun!
See ya in the salt mines. :-)

Pao said...

Sue, I finally got into your blog!! I totally forgot that you had one , Sorry I haven't read it yet but I'll start now

Baglady said...

It was a grand time in Northern Cal last weekend. Thanks for warming up the weather for me!!!!! Most importantly, thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule -- it was great to see everyone again. True to our fashion, while more time WAS needed, we made the most of the time we had. I can't wait to have you arrive in Dallas . . . hurry on down. I'll start getting the house ready! :-)