Sunday, July 27, 2008

Lemonade Anyone?


The kids had the great idea of doing a lemonade stand. They did a great job (including cleaning it up on their own) and made about $45.00- not too bad. Notice the car in the background, I thought perhaps their sign should have said " Dying for a drink of ice cold lemonade"-my morbid humor, Hannah did not seem amused, perhaps it would have been bad for business. They had fun running their little business. One Chinese guy who spoke no english came by and helped himself to cookies and lemonade without paying. The kids thought it was peculiar. I told them it was all part of running a business.

2 comments:

Chris said...

$45!!!??? Wow, that's pretty great! And you're right, the non-paying gentleman provided a life-lesson to your young-uns. And Hannah was probably spot on with her disapproval of your dark humor~~~
Just bring that humor to work, my friend!LOL!

The Haley Family said...

I love the coach in the back ground. As I looked at the picture before I read your comments I pointed it out to Marie and we both started to laugh. What a way to drum up some customers because if they choke and die you can have one customer for two businesses.