Friday, July 4, 2008

Relax, Refresh, Rejuvenate





We just returned from a wonderful week in Lake Tahoe. Like a dork, I forgot the camera, but for those of you that have spent time there, you know that pictures don't do it justice! We stayed in a condo and really just had fun and relaxed. We had such of a nice time that Chandler begged to stay 2 more weeks. He now thinks that we really should buy a cabin at the lake. In my dreams! Or when I win the lotto! Here are a few reasons he thought it was so great:
  • We hiked to the top of Alpine Meadows through gorgeous wildflowers and found snow and a breathtaking view of the lake and mountains (boy am I out of shape!) Chan must have thrown 1 ton of rocks from the trail-what is it with boys and rocks?
  • We played games, watched movies, ate-a lot, slept in, stayed up late, read books and had no schedule
  • We rode our bikes through beautiful forest paths to the beach and stayed late swimming with Canadian geese each day. What makes us love jumping in water directly off of glaciers?
  • We went ice skating-some of us are much better at it than others ( I admit, I am a spazzz and was happy to use the walker, I didn't know anyone there-what did I have to loose?) It makes me nervous when all of the adds in the rink are for Orthopaedic surgeons!
  • Toured the beautiful Ehrman Mansion built from 1901-1903, the family stayed there in the summers with their slew of servants-an amazing home!
  • Sat in the hot tub with racoons watching us and us watching them
  • We enjoyed the cool air, the smell of pine trees and the amazing views
It was everything vacations are supposed to be, I highly recommend it!


6 comments:

Chris said...

Yay! It sounds like the vacation was wonderful, but you know, Sue-my-friend, that you make nearly everything sound pretty great. An amazing quality~~~

I can "see" Chandler throwing rocks and you all hiking and talking and laughing. How blessed and what a blessing you all are!

Anonymous said...

The only thing that would have been greater was to have us there with you. . .atleast in my opinion! Can't wait to see you in a week!

Brent Perkins said...

Man, I can't believe how fast your kids are/have grown! Tell everyone hi. Sounds like you had some fun at Tahoe.

Nicole said...

Sue, that sounds like such a fun little vacation. After reading all the fun things you guys did I think we will have to take a little trip up there sometime!

Shoecrazy Sue said...

Nicole- we would love to have you guys come this way. There are so many great and fun things to do. Our door is open to you!

Phoebe said...

Tahoe is one of my favorite places in California! I am so glad you got to go and enjoy-since we haven't been able to for a while:(