Wednesday, August 27, 2008

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT...I HATE REALITY!!

Yes, it's hard to believe, but I would much rather be in Cancun (as above) or Cabo, or Hawaii or just about anywhere else having fun than facing the sting of reality and going back to school, back to schedules and homework and eating dinner at a reasonable hour, no more staying up late playing games, going to the city and all of the fun, relaxing things that we do in the summer!
But here goes REALITY- 4 kids at 4 schools means 4 big packets to fill out, 4 different schedules to accommodate. Soccer, Tae Kwon Do, social agendas, homework, lunches, early morning seminary, back to school nights, and that is just the beginning of the list. I am just not ready to let the lazy days of summer go this year. Does anyone else feel overwhelmed at the beginning of school? The good news is that in a few short weeks we will have everyone in the groove of the new school year right?

7 comments:

Ixchelle said...

I hear you. Life just started to get crazy again. How do you do it with four kids at four different schools? I think I won't complain anymore.

Jo-Mamma said...

Amen, Sister! We're into it two weeks here and still trying to "get in the groove". Good luck with that. . . let me know how that's working for you! Cute pics!

Nicole said...

I don't have kids in school but Jeremy just started Dental school and life has been pretty crazy for us. It's got to be crazy having 4 kids in school, you are so awesome.

Pao said...

Yes! I do I do I do, can't believe I'm filling up my kids agenda, it's crazy even the babies are going to keep it busy, but it's okay it's all good! You are awesome , how do you do it?

Tessa Marie said...

Hi Sue! It was so good to hear from you! I can't believe how big your kids are!!! Thank you for leaving a comment, I love how all this internet stuff helps us stay in touch with people.

Yeah, I remember when your dad passed away- He was a great man. I stayed with my grandparents one weekend when they were staying with your parents while my grandma was getting chemotherapy treatments in St. George. I had so much fun and felt so welcome there.

I'm glad to see you guys are doing so well. I've always really respected your family. I'll always remember how wonderful Shawn was when my parents died. He really has a gift for what he does and for helping families feel comfortable and peaceful when he's working with them. I'm still very grateful to him for that. :)

Chris said...

Man, this summer just sped by, eh? Hope your week is going well in Nut Tree Land. Adrian and Charley were working super hard on Wed. so you were not only missed for your fun personality, my friend!

SandS said...

I can't believe your kids are so big!!! it seems like just yesterday.... parker was running around saying... just stick your hoof in it!!! lol


It's so good to see pictures of your family!!!! where are you guys at now?

Benita