Saturday, August 16, 2008

Looking for something out of the ordinary to do?

Yes, This is the famous John Sutter as in Sutter's Fort, founder of Sac town, originally buried in Mexico and later interred in Sacramento. History buffs would love this place! Check it out!
The Old Sacramento City Cemetery offers all sorts of tours. We opted for the moonlight walk (the full moon sets the atmosphere) several "ghostly visitors" greet you throughout the tour to tell of their story (Hannah even received a marriage proposal from a very wealthy gentleman) . We will certainly return here during daylight hours, there is so much to see-28 acres worth! I think this would even be an appropriate Sunday activity. They have a lot of amazing history. It is pretty much maintained by a crew of 100 volunteers and they do these fun tours to raise funds. Check their web info by clicking here. I DARE you to go!!

4 comments:

Jo-Mamma said...

What a fun thing! Was this the mortician's idea or was it dad's genetics kicking? Wouldn't dad have loved doing that? I suppose you bought plots there?!? Who was scarier -- your kids or the docents acting the parts?

Chris said...

How fun was this????? I need to tell the "kids" living in Sac about this! So when is Hannah gettin' hitched? LOL!

Ixchelle said...

Great idea for a fun night. I must check it out. Keep us posted on all the fun trips you go on.

Pao said...

Are you kidding me?? You guys saw real Ghost? I slept in a haunted house when I was about 13 I'll never forget my experience, since then I'm terrified of those things, I'm glad that you guys had fun, though