Sunday, September 7, 2008

Gathering Inspiration

As if I have not felt busy and overwhelmed enough, please say hello to the new Primary President. I have served in primary before (where are you Andi Battisti when I need your ear? she was an amazing gal to serve under) I love primary but I read an article this week that contained a phrase which perfectly expressed exactly how I feel right now..."nagged by inadequacy" that pretty much sums it up. Sadly, I have NO musical ability whatsoever, very little patience and feel consumed with just routine tasks in life--what was the Bishop thinking? I know, I know, most callings are to help us grow and for our benefit-YIKES! So all of my clever friends , family and anonymous readers I am soliciting the following:
  1. IDEAS
  2. ADVICE
  3. ENCOURAGEMENT
  4. PRAYERS
  5. WHATEVER ELSE YOU MIGHT FIND HELPFUL

9 comments:

Desi said...

I was so excited when I found out you were going to be the new Primary President. You are an amazing person and you are going to be great for those kids.

I am always impressed with what wonderful kids and human beings your children are and that is because of you. Now you just have a few more children to influence with your greatness. :)

Prisbreys' said...

sue you will do so good, you just have to be a kid again. You will be on your knee more now, but that is okay. I was a counclor 5 years ago. You diff. need good ones that are willing to help everything will be great.
Kirsten

The Moore Family said...

Sue
Congratulations on your new calling. You will do great. You are full of wonderful fun ideas. Glad it is you and not me!!

Jo-Mamma said...

Congratulations and Condolences!! I have every bit of faith in you as a Primary President! Heck, I was called to be one right after Dad's death. I even questioned the bishop of his inspiration, but whether I affected anyone else at all . . . I know it was exactly what I needed at the time! You will learn to be more flexible than you already are! Remember the greatest lesson I learned: Conversion is a life-long process!

gbrooks said...

Sue, you're going to be great! Interestingly enough I was wondering where Andie was when I got the same call in February. Lucky for me, I'm only in charge of 6 Nursery kids not a full blown Primary. I realized I got to see one of the best in action, and that was something I was and still am so grateful for. Good Luck! -Garin

Anonymous said...

I've always thought you were Primary President material. Don't know why the lord took so long in calling you. Just remember if the kids are really bad you can always go find the parents & hand them over.-Dana

Anonymous said...

Sue,

You will do so well! Couldn't be happier for the Davis 1st Ward kids. Only sorry my kids won't get to feel of your influence each Sunday.

Stephanie R.

Jo-Mamma said...

I just crack up when I see your Family pic enlarged and see the happy, beatific faces. (New word I learned) Anyway, I also think of another word that rhymes with hullabaloo that fits your family perfectly-helluvacrew! Are you refreshing your memory of Primary songs?

Ixchelle said...

Sue,
Those kids are so forgiving. Don't worry. Pray for the spirit and love for the children. You will be fine if you have those two things.
We just put together the primary program in our ward if you need any ideas. Love you!