Friday, November 20, 2009

WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?


Hannah and her friends decided during lunch to go climb some trees. They were having a lovely time until a bunch of 5th graders came over and started whining and carrying on about how these "tree climbers" were hurting the trees! They then proceeded to get their teacher who gave them a lecture on how environmentally irresponsible they were for climbing the trees. What has happened to childhood? I always thought as a kid that large trees were begging to be climbed. I guess now days we would be arrested if we even thought of building a tree house ! (please note that Hannah and her pals were not being destructive, I asked her if they were using chainsaws or something to get such of a response and they were not!) What is going on that kids can't be kids?

5 comments:

Vera said...

What??? It must be a Davis thing! I thing the girls should climb the trees when they want...I do believe the trees will be just fine!!!

jessica said...

Only in Davis ( I hope!) - that's crazy!

Chris said...

Davis!!!
and i'm happy to hear that hannah and her friends don't run around town with chain saws...

buffymom 3 said...

Please tell Hannah that we have 21 fruit trees in our new backyard that are just begging to be climbed anytime!

Anonymous said...

Hannah,
Ask your dad about our tree house in Washington. Also I have a picture of me climbing a tree so that my mother could'nt get me to do the dishes. Green is in to the degree that it isn't even green....
Grandma Susan