Monday, September 27, 2010

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I have always prided myself on what a savvy and frugal shopper I am! I thrive on finding a great bargain. Among my favorites are Marshall's and TJ Maxx . Ross was in the running until the following incident:
I popped into Ross after work to grab some new measuring cups (Shawn managed to wear mine out with all of his crazy baking) everyone knows that Ross has amazing and cheap kitchen stuff. I happily gathered my purchases and proceeded to the check out. I was smiling, I had found measuring cups and a few other great bargains. I stepped to the register and the cashier rang up my total, she then asked if I got my "discount". I am certain I had a puzzled look on my face wondering if I should have a coupon, or perhaps she thought I got the employee discount. My look soon turned to horror as she said "Oh, maybe you are too young" ARRGHHHHH! It was senior discount day! I wanted to cry! The nerve of that woman! I am now having to really evaluate if it is worth shopping there for a bargain. Is it worth sacrificing my pride and dignity? Maybe I need to be more loyal to Nordstrom's, they would NEVER ask me if I needed my senior discount!! My self esteem is hurt a little, my ego is bruised. Will it stifle my desire for a great bargain? I doubt it! But maybe I need to go get some fancy age defying make-up!

3 comments:

Jo-Mamma said...

Lucky that girl didn't get slapped right there on the spot! Were you wearing your muu-muu or what? (I think she should have given you a discount just for the insult!):)

Phoebe said...

I am sure she had forgotten her glasses that day! There is no mistaking you for a senior.

But I would have been tempted to take the discount and run:)

Willingham"s said...

LOL! sue i just love the way you tell stories you crack me up! and I am not lying to you when I say I can't believe that girl even mistaked you to be in that age category!