Saturday, February 5, 2011

I am in L-O-V-E!!!!!!!!

Yes, that is right! I am in LOVE! Of course with Shawn, but he is there and I am here, so what else is a girl to do but find other things to amuse herself with to make time pass quickly! So two of my current favorites right now in life are: Shoes and Chocolate pudding! I know, what a combination right? But think about it, isn't life about great shoes and chocolate? I am wondering if I need to go easy on the chocolate, because honestly shoes are the only thing in my closet that don't feel too tight about now! So perhaps I need less chocolate and more shoes? Just a thought!  I am trying in my mind to reach some sort of compromise, what a battle!




How can I not be in love with these adorable things? Courtesy of Nordstrom Rack of course and perfect for the fabulous "Chinese New Year" party that I attended on Friday!










CHOCOLATE PUDDING
 
2 C sugar
1/2 C cornstarch
1 tsp. salt
5 cups whole milk
  6 egg yolks-beaten
4 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
2 T butter
2 tsp. vanilla
 
In saucepan mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. Beat milk and eggs and add to sugar mixture. Blend well and add chocolate. Cook over medium heat until it starts to thicken and chocolate is melted. (if you are in a hurry you can also do this in the microwave, just stir often) Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Pudding will thicken as it cools. Serve warm with whipped cream.
 This is a family favorite and will fix a chocolate craving in a hurry!

2 comments:

Malma said...

A woman after my own heart. Yay for shoes and chocolate...just add handbags and you're set!

Shoecrazy Sue said...

Oh believe me, I have the whole handbag thing down as well!! We are souls sista's mattie!