Monday, February 28, 2011

MY BOSS

I feel VERY fortunate to work in a place that I really enjoy (the unfortunate part is that it is in California and I really need a job in Utah, which seem to be few and far between in the crazy economy). Part of the reason that  I enjoy my job is my boss. He is brilliant, he is consistently calm no matter what chaos his employees or circumstances bring him. He is a boss that will jump in to help and do whatever is needed when his employees are stressed. He also has a very witty sense of humor. For example, after a glorious week visiting my family in Utah, I came back to pouring rain. YUCK! I sent my boss a text, it went like this:

Sue: I am so sorry I cannot possibly come in to work today, I have severe ombrophobia (fear of being rained on in case you don't know) I am a mess. Sorry I can't work today!

Adrian (boss):  I understand. I saw what happend to you when you got wet in The Wizard of OZ!

Sue: I'll get you my pretty!

Adrian: And my little dog too?

Sue: Both of them (he has 2 standard poodles that are gorgeous) and your bird while I am at it (his talkative amazon parrot)!

(I did go to work that day, smiling, and every day I feel so lucky to enjoy my job!, It actually keep me sane while I am away from my family)








1 comment:

Jo-Mamma said...

I agree! Having a boss that is not above doing whatever is needed is a bonus! Wit and humor make for a fun work environment. Thanks for yet one more creative excuse I can text my boss!