Saturday, April 16, 2011

PONDERING PEEPS

So it is that time of year again! Peeps abound everywhere I go, so of course I had to buy a package (or two). As you can see, I opened the package to get the perfect staleness that I love (yes, I had to eat one fresh one, I could not resist that sugary goodness). As I watched these Peeps everyday on my counter, I got feeling rather depressed. Their affect was flat. They were lifeless, there was no joy in life for them. Everyday I would see their dour expression and it would make me sad. It was almost as if they knew that they were either loved or loathed. They felt ordinary, like they were one in a million with the same depressing look on their countenance. This whole thing made me feel gloomy. So, I thought to myself "what would make me feel better if I were feeling down?" Of course the answer is usually  a pair of new shoes! (note: please don't believe that all of the shoes in my closet reflect my depression, it is more of an obsession), but I knew what my Peeps needed. I was going to do an experiment that would forever change  my thinking about Peeps. So I hunted for the shoes that said: "HAPPY" "FUN" "SPRING" "LIFE IS GOOD".  After much searching for such shoe, I think you can see that my experiment worked. I swear to you, as soon as I put this little Peep by these glorious silvery clogs, his/her entire face changed! It was obviously sheer Peep bliss! I think their colors enhance each other. You can feel the happiness radiating in this picture can't you?  So if your Peeps are looking a little down, you know what to do, for the good of the Peeps of course!!

5 comments:

Ixchelle said...

Those shoes are smokin' hot!!! Love me some peeps and love me some clogs... good taste my friend. Plase wear those down to Bakersfield.

Malma said...

LOVE it! Love it love it love it!

Desi said...

I LOVE IT!

I'm not a huge fan of peeps, but I will eat one or two only if they are stale ;-), but I love your shoe mood boost...a new pair of shoes always boosts my mood too!

Jo-Mamma said...

Oh my...gotta love the peeps and your feet! Glad it lifted your spirits AND the depressed little peeps. (I could've fixed them with a fine-tipped sharpie, but I know that wouldn't have satisfied you!):)

Ashley King said...

hahahaha that is the happiest Peep I've ever seen :)

PS: My mom likes to open them too and let them sit out on the counter for a few days, so funny