Monday, June 27, 2011

WHEN BOREDOM STRIKES.....


What is a married woman living away from her family to do when boredom sets in? Really, I can only entertain the Frat Boys for so long, and most of them have left for the summer ( J/K Lissi! quit freaking out!) So ....I have rediscovered  the beautiful simplicity of Mod Podge, oh so 70's, and quite entertaining.  Chandler had left a large canvas here. My "dorm room" walls looked mighty boring. I had oodles of magazines and a 40% off coupon from Michaels, so of course the natural solution is to do a collage. I have to say it way really fun and rather addicting. It is just a little collage about ME! LIFE! WHIMSEY and DREAMS!
I hope My buddy Jeff Holland keeps his great sense of humor if he ever finds out that I Mod Podged his face, right in the middle of all of my "stuff"...do you think that it is sac-religious? (I think or hope) he would laugh.

So one collage was just not enough, so I have moved onto smaller projects. LUGGAGE TAGS! They are sort of a work in progress. I am trying some different things with them. Give me your honest opinion please. Here are some prototypes:


I didn't bother to take a picture of the back, it just has address and a few more pictures. Some of these are actually being sent in the mail for Birthday's and Thank You's.


My artistic boy Chandler started this whole "Mod Podging Craze" by re-doing an old drum set that we bought. He came up with the idea and did the whole thing himself, including tearing the drums apart. Makes a $50 drum set look like a work of art doesn't it?


7 comments:

Desi said...

So fun...I modpodged for the first time a couple months ago!

I absolutely love the luggage tag that looks a little antiqued with the map and pocket watch...so my style.

Anonymous said...

Gosh---all my daughters are so artistic---where did you get that from? I'm just a copy artist myself. Yes you must be bored, bet you wouldn't have time for that if you were home so enjoy the time, "this too will pass!" Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Sue you are a gal after my own heart. I love to make collages. You've got a goldmine idea here that could lead to alot of items being distributed all over. You should take some of the luggage tags into the mailing store on river road also urban renewal. See you soon. Love Susan. Also you could partner up with Chan. He could come up with some great ideas.

Jo-Mamma said...

LOVE IT! I always did this when teaching 5th graders. They really enjoyed it! I think you should market the luggage tags! So adorable. . . can't wait to pick up my mail now! he he Better yet...can't wait to see YOU!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE may luggage tag...and so thrilled that it is in the picture! You are the best. I hope that all is well for all in St. George and you in Davis!

Veronica Haley said...

Okay, I HAVE to know, How did you girls do your fingernails? Me and Samantha would love to know!

Veronica Haley said...

May i ask how you did your fingernails? me and sam would LOVE to do this!