Wednesday, December 7, 2011

RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS

I would venture to guess that I am not the only one that thinks the world has gone crazy. As I watch the news or read the headlines (which I usually feel better when  avoided, but it is in my genes to keep up on the news, thanks dad!) I find it hard to have much hope in the human race. People are unkind, crazy or just plain dumb!  However, after a fun weekend I had some renewed hope in kindness!

For my birthday, Shawn and the kids met me in San Francisco. As you know, I am a breakfast fiend! My favorite meal, anytime. So I had wanted to go to "Dottie's True Blue Cafe", a  famous hole in the wall diner in the tenderloin (a very sketchy, poor and homeless infused neighborhood) We stood in line for an hour, chatting and laughing with others waiting. We were very entertained by a big fat crow that kept throwing garbage down from a fire escape above us. That same crow decided to poo on my sassy Parker. I swear I believe in Karma! It was hilarious! Breakfast was awesome and totally worth the wait!! As we went to pay the bill, the waitress said, "Oh, someone already paid for you" We were shocked! We were excited and I had my hope  in human kindness restored slightly. We thought about this kind gesture all day! It meant so much to us. We felt warm and happy by this simple gesture from strangers. We have done this for others, but had never been on the receiving end. It was a great feeling! 

After breakfast the boys went to catch a trolley and the operator told them not to worry about paying the fare! In San Francisco, 2 random acts of kindness within  the hour? Unreal! So Sweet! Very Refreshing and unexpected. Ahhhh, renewed hope in mankind! It was a good reminder for me to do more random acts of kindness, because life is meant to be enjoyed! What a good kickoff for the Holiday Season!

1 comment:

KPackard said...

That is so awesome! I love bumping into awesome people. I loved your story of dolls, too--so funny! I hope your sister enjoys her present this year ;P