Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Day of Rest


I am so grateful that a loving Heavenly Father gave us a commandment to rest on the Sabbath. This week has been crazy between hectic parents schedules, tennis camp, scout camp (which I was den leader at) Youth Conference, Tae kwan Do, a visit from my brother, play dates and routine obligations that are just part of living--I am exhausted. I love that on Sunday's we get a chance to be spiritually refreshed from a crazy world. It is rejuvenating to put the everyday things of the world to rest for a day and focus on spiritual matters. The older I get, the more I think that the "Sabbath is a delight"

6 comments:

Chris said...

Amen dear friend! God has pretty great ideas!

Nicole said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I love Sundays, I think we need that day to recover from the rest of the week.

Prisbreys' said...

sue, I was peeping blog and Found you. Your family has grown. It seems like yesterday your brought braden home. Jill and I were setting down stairs with you at your parents house. take care,kirsten

The Moore Family said...

I am so glad you found my blog. I am a terrible blog stalker. It was good to hear from you it has been ages since we have seen you in Caliente....anytime soon? I will pass the hello along to Kristen.
Take Care
Kendra

Bri said...

Love sundays just for that reason, but I don't like what I wake up to on monday. Hope all is going good with you guys. Your kids are getting so big.

Anonymous said...

I Just Cant what until sunday on Monday!!