Tuesday, October 21, 2008

TOP REASONS FOR BEING A SLACKER TO BLOG

  1. My handsome Senior is busy putting in college applications all done online-note to self: budget for additional Mac computer, everyone wants to use it, my time is usually early a.m. when the rest of the house is asleep.
  2. Spent 2 nights making phone calls to voters for"YES on Proposition 8" (who said the pioneers were faced with tougher challenges than us?)
  3. Scout training meetings 1/2 a day worth-not my idea of fun!
  4. Work, Work and more Work (if it weren't for the $, I would not be there!)
  5. Attended a very fun "Standards Night" for Young Men/Woman
  6. Chatted with gal pals at Little Prague enjoyed dessert and gushed over Melanie's beautiful new baby.
  7. Actually spent most of the day Saturday with Shawn seeing "Forever Plaid" at the Cosmopolitan Theater, strolling downtown Sac, enjoying the grounds of our beautiful state capital and gorging ourselves at Vallejo's (Yum to all of the above!) Note to self: Must do this stuff more often. To top off a great outing, I came home to a perfectly cleaned house that had been very neglected all week-Did I say how much I love my kids? Bathroom cleaned and everything!!! I must be doing something right!
  8. Accepted invitation from darling spouse to see chick flick "Secret Life of Bee's"-all his idea, am I lucky or what?
  9. Spent considerable time stressing over Primary and other small stuff
  10. Any remaining time was spent catching up on neglected things and sleep

5 comments:

Jo-Mamma said...

Gosh, can you fit one more thing in? I think you should buy a plane ticket and come visit your favorite sister! You know what they say. . . "No rest for the wicked!" LOL

Chris said...

Gee gal, you're not a slacker! I don't know how you do it!

Wow, you mean you don't work for the sheer joy of it? What about working with the weirdest group of humans around? Must be good for entertainment value? LOL!

KPackard said...

Sounds like you had some good fun, but I agree about those scout meetings...and how awesome that your kids cleaned your house! You deserve all of those happy moments!

Jo-Mamma said...

Hey, just wondering if the kids alphabetized your spices like their dad use to do?!? Lucky you! I wish some little cleaning fairies would clean my house today! I'm going to fire the maid around here. . . she's a slacker!

Amber Lee said...

Love the Dorothy costume. Too bad it never got returned!