Sunday, March 29, 2009

I LOVE IT!



BEFORE AND AFTER



I AM FINALLY GETTING AROUND TO POSTING PHOTOS OF OUR KITCHEN MAKE-OVER. THANKS TO SHAWN, BRADEN AND VERA, IF HAVE NEW LAMINATE FLOORS THROUGHOUT THE HOUSE, AND I LOVE THEM!! HERE ARE PHOTOS OF THE KITCHEN AND TEARING UP THE MASTER BEDROOM FLOORS. I REALLY LIKE THE IDEA OF OPENING UP A CUPBOARD. I COVERED THIN INSULATING BOARD WITH FABRIC AND STUCK IT IN THE BACK OF THE CABINET, AND WA-LAA--- A FUN, BRIGHT CABINET! THE WALLS THAT HAD TILE ON THEM WERE TORN UP, SO I DID A "TISSUE PAPER" FINISH ON THEM AND IT COVERED UP ALL OF THE DENTS AND FLAWS PERFECTLY. (CHEAP AND EASY!)

NOTE THE GORGEOUS FLOWERS ON THE COUNTER- COMPLIMENTS OF A FAMILY THAT SPENT HUNDREDS OF $$'S ON FLOWERS FOR A FUNERAL AND THEN DID NOT WANT THEM. THIS WEEKEND I GATHERED SEVERAL VASES AND MADE GORGEOUS BOUQUETS FOR MY HOUSE--RECYCLING AT IT'S BEST! JUST ONE OF THE MANY BENEFITS OF BEING MARRIED TO THE UNDERTAKER! LOL!! AND YOU THOUGHT THIS WHOLE TIME THERE WERE NO PERKS?

13 comments:

LollyGirl said...

ooooooh, i love it!! i really like the door-less cupboard, too! great job decorating and props to shawn, braden and vera for the manual labor.

Phoebe said...

I am starting to feel inspired to actually do something around our house!
So fabulous!

jessica said...

One of our friends here is a funeral guy too - we love that he brings the limo to the trunk or treat! Now that's a perk!

The kitchen looks great!

Ashley King said...

What an improvement!! Looks fabulous!

Corri said...

Absolutely beautiful! You have such a great sense of style.

The house that we are buying also has tile counters/tile backsplash with some of the tiles having flowers on them--like your old counter, except ours are tan tiles with blue flowers. I can't quite place the age---was that a 1970s or 1980s style?

I'm not quite sure what to do about our kitchen, but your new kitchen is inspiring!

Jo-Mamma said...

This is even better than I imagined!! Now I know what I am going to do in our bedroom when the lovely paneling comes down because it's going to be a mess. Tissue paper, paint and I want to do red, black and white!! Thanks for posting since I am very visual!! Pics will be coming as we progress on our kitchen!

gbrooks said...

super super cute! i especially love the open cupboard. i think we'd have one if i knew that it would stay nice looking. and we have almost that exact same red in our living room. too bad i couldn't bring you our left over paint!

Malma said...

it is so cute!! i'm jealous...come do my kitchen!

Nicole said...

Wow it looks great! I love the kitchen you all did such a good job. I'm sure your glad to have it all done, that's how I felt when we did our kitchen.

Ixchelle said...

Beautiful! What great ideas you had to make it look so cute. Please send your creativity my way. I took my kids to the yummy sunrise restaurant today and ordered 2 yummy sandwiches and a plate of spring rolls...yummy! I can't believe they are so cheap.

Anonymous said...

I love the new look! You guy's are real makeover artists and you've had lot's of practice thru the years eh--getting better all the time! This could be a good side line for all of you! Love Mom

Andra said...

I love your new kitchen. It's great to see so many pictures of your house... I almost felt like I was there (although not helping much, unfortunately).
By the way, I might have killed for a sandwich like that in Vietnam... Too bad it was all the way back in Davis (like everything else :).

Pao said...

Its so pretty, we have very similar taste girl, I love your kitchen!!