Friday, March 20, 2009

It takes 2 !!

Shawn left Wed. to help chaperone Braden's Jazz Choir trip to Disneyland. This left me with working all week until 5:00 and trying to juggle kids, meetings and crazy schedules SOLO, not a pretty sight!! It really makes me appreciate single parents who do this balancing act everyday and do a great job at it (I admit I am a sissy) The whole thing exhausts me and makes me oh so grateful for an amazing husband. I have to say that it is a little intimidating because Shawn does a much better solo act than I do. The kids will be happy for Shawn's return because I am the "mean" parent. I hide the TV remotes and leave chore lists for after school. We have all survived, but boy do I appreciate a partner in this parenthood business.
THANKS SHAWN, YOU KEEP ME SANE!! (MOST OF THE TIME)


4 comments:

Chris said...

What!? You make your poor innocent children do chores AND you don't let them watch TV whenever they wish??? I'm calling Child Protective Services NOW. I'm sure they'll all love their new foster parents. Yep.

Awww this was a sweet note to your husband. It's cool to appreciate our spouses. You ROCK.

Ixchelle said...

I'm the family drill sergeant, just ask my kids. It's funny what kids think they can get away with when Dad is not around. Just send your kids over to my boot camp...hee hee.

Jo-Mamma said...

You know these dads claim to be "structure & discipline", but the kids sure whine when the MOM actually makes them help out! I would HATE to be a single parent and my kids wouldn't like me either.:)

Nicole said...

You poor thing, I'm sure it was a long week for you. It was so good to see you at Tiff's shower. You look great and I had fun hearing about what's new with you and your cute family.