Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"I'm Going to the Mountains of Ephraim..."

Actually, I just returned from Ephraim. I was able to go to the funeral of an amazing lady Ruth Rasmuson (the mother of my BFF Amy) . The funeral was a beautiful tribute to a life well lived. A few words used to describe Ruth that I heard this weekend were regal, elegant, Christ like, talented and precise, an example to all who knew her! I hope someday to attain a few of the mentioned traits, but for now DEEPLY rooted in me from Ruth is a true passion for Diet Coke and I NEVER leave the house without lipstick (as teenagers when Amy and I would go somewhere, Ruth would always inspect our lips to make sure we looked fabulous!) So, to this day I carry an extra 1.5 pounds in my purse due to a full pouch of lipstick. lip gloss etc. (is it any wonder my shoulder hurts? but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do right?) Thanks Ruth for the amazing memories and great example on how to live, my life has been blessed by you!!

4 comments:

Phoebe said...

So that's why you always look so put together!
It's so wonderful to have good friends with great parents.

Anonymous said...

Good report Sue...she was truly one of a kind. Your Dad & I just loved her and Bob, Amy & Rae Ann too. I remember when Amy wanted to go to Lake Powell with us and Ruth was so worried to have her away from them with the diabetes, but then she agreed to let her go because "she'd be with us and I'd take good care of her" Just couldn't help but admire her with her cheerful attitude...Mom

Jo-Mamma said...

Love the picture! It was so good to spend time with you and see dear friends from our growing up years! I love you!

Corri said...

What a wonderful photo! You both look so joyful.(And of course, so gorgeous!)