Tuesday, February 23, 2010

FLINSTONE'S CHEWABLE VALIUM ANYONE?



I have to confess. . .lately my two youngest are driving me (and the entire household) CRAZY!! They have no sense of "when to quit"! It doesn't help that Parker is a reactor and Chandler is the world's best button pusher. Bedtime does not seem to come soon enough for the two of them. They fight non stop (playing and/or the real deal) they both have more endurance than I have patience. Sadly, if they came with an owners manual I lost it, and right now I REALLY need it! Is this a phase? Am I a bad parent? Does anyone else feel like this? Solutions? The hopeful thing is that I had a darling lady approach me at church RAVING about how charming Parker was at the senior dinner he helped host. She went so far as to say she wanted to adopt him!! Hmmmm....

7 comments:

Diana said...

When my kids start getting on my nerves, I send them outside. They may be given time to dress appropriately before they have to go out. Brent learned I was serious when he wasn't given any time and it was 10 degrees and I didn't care he was barefoot and had not coat. I love being able to send them out and away from me!

CORMELS said...

Were there previous signs to these actions? Because I am telling you what, my two boys are at it already. By the way...what are you doing ten years from now?

Jo-Mamma said...

If you do find some, please send to me FedEx! I think it's the time of year...tired of being cold and too long of stretch til spring break. But then again, you might want to take that lady up on her offer!

pendant lighting said...

Thus post made me laugh so hard!

Chris said...

Flintstone's Chewable Valium!!hahahaha OK Sue, I was going to ask you if you needed any prayers for anything while I'm at home. Well, you sure answered that question~~lol
Hang in there gal. I don't have any great ideas. It helps that you and Shawn are allies. And I love the chewable valium idea...

Anonymous said...

Sue,
I have heard time and time again that the kid's that fight when they are young usually grow up to be the best of friend's and laugh
when they tell about their childhood memories.
Susan

Brent Perkins said...

Boxing gloves. (For them.)