Monday, February 8, 2010

Long time no blog. . .

Shawn the cookie maker, multi tasking here as he is so very good at it and the only one in the family who has the patience to deal with sugar cookies! YUM!

Martha Stewart has nothing on my man!! (OK, maybe a lot more money, but he is generally much more genuine and down to earth than Martha!)


I spent a DELIGHTFUL long weekend visiting my childhood friend Amy in Dallas. I can see why she loves it, the people are truly friendly and nice, the shopping fabulous (she had to mail packages home, we did an obscene amount of shopping!) She is terrible, as we were shopping she would say "Do not leave this store without buying _______!" The devils advocate she is!

I got the grand tour of Dallas and Fort Worth, including watching the longhorns parade down the street at the historic stock yards. Of course I did not even think to bring a camera, sorry me! I did not have time for pictures anyway, as we were too busy eating, laughing, shopping, catching up and planning our next girlfriends get away! I highly recommend it, it does the soul good!!

A delightful surprise for Christmas from Shawn was a weekend WITHOUT children in Marin county. We stayed and a charming Bed and Breakfast in San Rafael. We really enjoyed scenic drives to the coast and exploring Point Reyes without children fighting, whining or asking if we were there yet! A perfectly pleasant weekend get away!

6 comments:

Malma said...

Once again...shoe envy. Grrrr!

Chris said...

Shawn gets an A+ for the cookie making and the weekend getaway! AND the pretty flowers! I think you should keep him.

LOVE the shoes! Your toenails are cute too. Glad you had fun because you deserve it!

Jo-Mamma said...

You can always fit time in to blog...ignore the laundry, vacuuming, and dusting! Blogging is family history!! (That's my motto!) Sounds like you had so much fun and are spoiled as usual. As for Martha...I'll keep Evan, he's quite handy in that area too!
P.S. Did a big ole rat take a bite outta Lissie's cookie? :)

Whitney Schimbeck said...

LOVE the shoes! Oh Auntie Sue- I certainly inherited your shoe fetish, now if only I had the eye to find those perfectly cute tootsie protectors :) And those sugar cookies look AMAZING!

Andra said...

I'm glad you guys got a weekend away in Marin, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean about whiny kids. I'm pretty sure your kids are perfect :)

I would definitely go and try whatever this "sliming" thing is if you could do it with me!

Anonymous said...

Sue I need those shoes, they are stunning. The cookies and the Chef were very stunning also. Looks like his mother ha ha ha
The hat I mean. You guys always do fun things.
Susan