Sunday, January 22, 2012

I SURVIVED BOTH EVENTS

I used very few tissues for Whitney and Trent's big day. It was a beautiful celebration.  They are the sweetest couple and I was so happy that I could be a part of their big day with them! It made me a little sad that Braden wasn't there to tease Whitney (his favorite thing to do). 

I joined my pal Anissa in celebrating the Chinese New Year.  She and her friends do a fantastic job every year (they all have strong connections to China,  either lived in Hong Kong or served missions there) You may not know, but it is the "year of the Dragon" and I am a Dragon (not a cougar as my co-workers have accused me of, living next to frat house and all)
I barely survived the mandatory contest for all "dragons". Yep this is me actually gagging in front of a large group of onlookers as I try to devour a "100 year old egg". A sign of fertility and prosperity for the new year if you eat it.  I wonder what it means if you can't eat it and only gag? I took a large bite (hopefully the one symbolizing prosperity, NOT fertility) and then my good sense told me that I should not take another bite or everything would be coming up for sure! The prize for this spectacle of an event..a stupid pair of chopsticks. Really Anissa? Chopsticks? It would not have mattered if it were for a $100, that egg was not going down. no way, no how! I saved  my dignity by wisely knowing when to quit! Here is to prosperity!
Real "100 year old egg", as nasty as it looks.  You can't imagine the very disgusting texture!

No comments: