Thursday, January 5, 2012

SOMEONE PLEASE BRING ME THE TISSUE......

This is the exact thing that I will be saying on Friday January 13th.  It is my niece Whitney's wedding and she is marrying the love of her life, Trent. (see how cute they are by clicking on Whitney's blog on my sidebar) I am so happy for them. They are adorable and the sweetest couple and I am so excited for them to start their lives together. Here is the problem...I am a mess at weddings! I know, they are a sacred and very special event which can be emotional and it is ok to cry but I am pathetic and a really awful crier (imagine mascara running, blotchy neck and red face just for starters, forget the nose running and the other not so glamorous things that happen while I cry...why can't I cry very beautifully like in the movies?) Here comes the really pathetic part...I don't even have to know the bride and groom and I become a puddle! Forget the "TLC Weddings", and am blubber city. I discovered this very inconvenient quirk in High School, when in type class we all were glued to the TV for the mother lode of all soap opera weddings "General Hospital", keep in mind I really never watched soap operas but guess what? for some ridiculous reason I got choked up over Luke and Laura's nuptials. Yes, all teary for a stupid soap opera wedding that we all knew would NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS LAST! (as a side note, to this day I get my s and w letters mixed up typing because we were glued to their wedding during the week we learned these letters in type)
And this was just the beginning! (which I know, is truly deplorable) So many tears shed of someone that isn't even real! This one here gets me EVERY TIME (and I have seen it several times and get totally choked up!)

And perhaps more pathetic than crying over Luke and Laura is this one that I shed a few over:
Thats right, I was a sissy over a stinking vampire wedding that I didn't even like!


Yes indeed, I shed a tear or two for the Royals, all of them!   

See my great distress? I am going to see Whitney and Trent married. I know them and love them. Whitney grew up with my kids and is a huge part of my life and just writing this I can feel a big lump in my throat and the computer screen is a bit blurry.  Her mom (my sis JoLin) will be there and she is a bigger baby than I am and if she looses control it will be a flood for everyone.  And when Whitney's tough dad Evan begins to cry... it is all over, I will be done for! Even texting JoLin today regarding the wedding, I had to grab a tissue.

I asked my personal assistant Siri this question that has bugged me for years: "why do I cry at weddings?" her very unhelpful answer was: "I don't know. Frankly I've wondered the same thing."
Thanks for nothing Siri. You STINK! I don't know either! I wish I knew how to stop this nonsense, but I am afraid that as I watch this wedding next Friday I will be my usual wedding mess. So sorry Whitney! I really am so very happy for you, but I just have to cry, it is what I do.  I won't be able to tell you how much I love you and how proud that I am of you because when I cry, my throat closes off and I can't say what I need to. So please know that behind the tears is so much joy that it is overflowing from my eyeballs ok?

2 comments:

Jo-Mamma said...

We had better get ourselves together! We're too pretty to cry! Very sweet words. Thanks for making me cry AGAIN!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm-I don't remember you crying at your Mom's wedding----must have been "relief"! Oh well, Doug & I are very happy-just want my kid's to know that & I was happy they attended. Have fun in Disney World this weekend, can't wait until you move home. Love, Mom