Tuesday, December 11, 2012

RELAXING THANKSGIVING 101

Start by meeting everyone early on Wednesday to go to the amazing "Blue Plate Diner" in SLC
If you don't order their fabulous homemade hash, you missed out! Heaven on a plate, just ask my kids who could not keep their grubbby hands off of mine! I could have hit this spot up for breakfast every morning. We will be back for sure!

Do fun decorations from leaves gathered from Davis and St. George. Chandler and I made these to decorate the condo with. I had done this with my Wolf Scouts for their "leaf collection" and knew Chan would love it, he always wants to do a "project"
(note:  it isTrader Joe's Candy Cane Joe Joe's time..yeeessss!)

One more Banner,  with this mandatory tradition playing on TV 

No gathering is complete without a casual, low key, non competitive game of "Phase 10" in the Wiscombe house. (and Trader Joe's  Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels). I really hate to brag, but please look closely at that score, if you cant read it says mom (me) 110, the lowest points by far. I pretty much skunked the rest of those losers. They were not happy, perhaps they will have a chance over the Christmas break to beat me (I highly doubt they can actually do it) but it will be fun for them to try!

Lovely meal in the glorious Park City. We ate, then ate pies, then ate more. A complete celebration of glutony! OH SO GOOD!

And of course shopping on Saturday. We picked up this useful gift that will be sure to please the lucky recipient! We only bought one, so please everyone do not get your hopes up too high!!
Seriously, who wouldn't be tempted by this contraption after feasting for a month during the Holidays? I hope you aren't too jealous. If you act fast you may be able to pick up one or two of these beauties before they sell out, if you act now...
(I am sure you always wondered who buys this truly priceless crap, now you know!)
HAHAHAHA!

Chilly swim anyone?

No trip to SLC area would be complete without a visit to see Temple Square kicking off the  season. So amazingly beautiful! The perfect end to Thanksgiving and beginning of the celebration of Christmas!

Are they adorable offspring or what? Well equipped for cold weather too!
Why yes, Parker happens to be wearing the "slim away" (maybe Hannah and Chandler too) It makes them look so thin after consuming so much food the day before! Great results with that gadget I tell you! Get yourself one NOW!
The root of their good looks! Or something like that!
(No "slim away" used for this photo incase you were wondering)



I found this quote on the employee portal at my work:

"Happiness comes when we stop complaining about the troubles we have, and offer thanks for all the troubles we don't have. Everyday take time to find something that makes your heart laugh and your sould smile. We all face difficult times in our lives but don't let your circumstances get you down."
unknown author

No comments: